Outlaws at Columbus Museum of Art: – DIY Painted Wooden BeadsSummer is now here. The kids are home from school and the pool is calling my name. While our family plans are staying close to home this summer, staying active with our DIY craft projects is definately on the to do list.
Our Outlaws have compiled a great list of indoor activities to keep you out of the heat. If your summer plans include traveling, check out the personalized luggage tag you can craft at the Smithery. Jump start your handmade holiday gift making with a beginners watercolor class. If you want to dabble with fabrics there are textile craft courses to keep you busy.
There are a few special Outlaws events going on as well… Find us at the Columbus Museum of Art for a wooden bead painting class. It’s free to attend and I posted a bit about it from my time at Craftcation. The Outlaw studio will house a soap making class during the next Blockfort opening, which showcases the art of Dan Gerdeman. Create your own unique blend of liquid hand soap in a fun container. Lastly, don’t forget about submiting your applications for our November 11 & 12th holiday show.
Enjoy the start of summer and I hope to see you around town soon.
All classes are rated on it’s level of difficulty.
1 button being beginner – 5 buttons being advanced
- 6/1: WORKSHOP: Personalized Luggage Tag $45
- 6/3: Workshop: INTERMEDIATE Silver Bezel Set Stone Ring $125
- 6/4: Make & Take Metal Stamping Event $a la cart
- 6/5: Block Printing $70
- 6/8: WORKSHOP: Forged Bar Necklace $45
- 6/8: Outlaw Open Studio/Gallery Hours: DIY Liquid Hand Soap $15
- 6/10: Mondo Bag: Machine Piecing Quilting Lesson in a Bag $60.50 (includes pattern)
- 6/10: Weave Your Stash – Intro to Weaving for Knitters and Crocheters $45
- 6/11: WORKSHOP: Literary Copper Cuff Bracelet $70
- 6/11: Watercolor for Beginners! $30
- 6/22: WORKSHOP: Forged Bar Earrings $45
- 6/22: Outlaws at Columbus Museum of Art: – DIY Painted Wooden Beads
- 6/24: WORKSHOP: Layered Domed Enamel Necklace $65
- 6/25: WORKSHOP: Gold Luster Decal Enamel Necklace $65
- 6/29: WORKSHOP: Layered Bar Necklace $60
NEW FEATURE: Sell your crafts! These folks are looking for crafters, artists and makers at their events.
- Craftin’ Outlaws Holiday Showdown – November 11 & 12, 2017 | Applications close 7/21
- Wooster Art/Jazz Festival 2017 – September 16, 2017 | Applications close 7/15
- Merion Village Festival – September 10, 2017 | Applications close 8/20
- Harlem Township Days – August 19 & 20, 2017 | Applications close 8/11
Have a DIY workshop you are hosting or teaching and want to include it on the list? Add it to our events calendar here!
Are you looking for crafters or makers at your event and want to add your application to the link? Submit your info here.
Want to sponsor next Month’s DIY calendar or advertise on the Outlaw Blog? Contact us at email@example.com