August is just around the corner and we couldn’t be more excited! We get another month of sunshine, kids start returning to school and the most exciting Outlaw event of the summer is happening. The Day of DIY is a city wide, week long event to support your locally owned shops and Craftin’ Outlaws. Simply shop the retailers you already love and your support will be felt throughout the handmade community.
As your week of visiting your favorite local retailer comes to an end we will be celebrating with our first ever Day of DIY Gala! The gala will be held on August 12th at Wild Goose Creative from 6pm – 10pm. It will be an evening of craft stations, drinks, food and raffles – a night of creativity and friends you will not soon forget.
You can purchase your tickets and get more details here, then get ready to craft the night away!
Here are the Day of DIY Events, Shop at these locally owned stores on their day to support your handmade community and Craftin’ Outlaws!
- Saturday, 8/5: Alternative Fashion Mob at the Next Gen Kids Fair
- Sunday, 8/6: Sew to Speak
- Sunday, 8/6: screen printing your own shirt at Megan Lee Designs
- Monday, 8/7: Wholly Craft
- Tuesday, 8/8: Surprise Modern Party
- Wednesday, 8/9: Dabble & Stitch
- Thursday, 8/10: Piccadilly Modern Play and Cafe
- Friday, 8/11: The Smithery
- Friday, 8/11: Yarn It and Haberdashery
- Friday, 8/11: Igloo Letterpress
- Saturday, 8/12: Product Photography Workshop with The Wonder Jam
Shop these online shops all week, August 5th – 12th
- Branch Line Leather: use discount code “DIYWEEK” for 15% off online sales
- Stinkybomb Soap: use discount code “DIYWEEK” for 20% off online sales
More DIY fun throughout Columbus in August!
Join us on August 5th at the next Blockfort Open Studio featuring Brian Reaume. Blockfort is pleased to host the exhibition “a gilding denial”, Brian uses found materials to construct a discussion around the ideas of domestication, desire, need, and social segregation. Megan will have the Outlaw studio open and is always up for a drink and laugh during an opening.
Lastly, Midwest Craft Con is returning in February with an amazing line up of keynotes and speakers. Early Bird tickets go on sale Augusts 1st! Don’t put off grabbing your ticket to what will be an amazing 3 day creative conference.
All classes are rated on it’s level of difficulty.
1 button being beginner – 5 buttons being advanced
- 8/4: Knitting Class, Girlfriend Market Bag $10
- 8/5: Sew Together Bag $65
- 8/6: Sewing Machine Basics $30
- 8/6: Quilting Demo – Lane Avenue Bridge Pattern Free
- 8/7: Block Print Tank $70
- 8/12: Workshop: Sterling Silver Orbit Ring $100 – $115
- 8/13: Workshop: Riveted Layered Cuff Bracelet $80
- 8/17: Workshop: Layered Bar Necklace $60 – $80
- 8/19: Workshop: Forged Bar Earrings $45 – $70
- 8/20: Workshop: Layered Domed Enamel Necklace $65
- 8/20: Sewing a Charlie Caftan $65
- 8/24: Sewing a Leather Tote $55
- 8/27: Make & Take Metal Stamping Event a la carte pricing
- 8/27: English Paper Piecing Mini Quilt $35
- 8/31: Workshop: Forged Bar Necklace $45 – $65
NEW FEATURE: Sell your crafts! These folks are looking for crafters, artists and makers at their events.
- Merion Village Festival – September 10, 2017 | Applications close 8/20
- Harlem Township Days – August 19 & 20, 2017 | Applications close 8/11
- Creative Control Fest – September 9, 2017
Have a DIY workshop you are hosting or teaching and want to include it on the list? Add it to our events calendar here!
Are you looking for crafters or makers at your event and want to add your application to the link? Submit your info here.
Want to sponsor next Month’s DIY calendar or advertise on the Outlaw Blog? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org