Happy new year to all the makers and DIY fans out in Columbus and beyond! This is our 3rd year of producing a monthly calendar of classes and workshops with the idea of allowing lovers of handmade to explore and try new hands on experiences. We hope you’ve been able to find some classes that keep you engaged and exploring new mediums.
A new year also means another year of showcasing the best group of makers to our city. As we enter our 14th year we are excited to find new outlets that best showcase the exhibitors who join us at each event we produce. We return on March 31st at the Columbus Museum of Art and applications are now open.
Explore all the creative sessions in the month of January!
- 1/6: Intro to bowl turning
- 1/7: Knitting 101
- 1/8: Light as a feather cowel
- 1/10: New Year Vision Board
- 1/12: Bionic Gear Bag Class
- 1/12: Intro to Letterpress
- 1/13: Stretch Skirt
- 1/13: Crochet Heart Bunting
- 1/16: Japanese Style Apron
- 1/17: Candles & Canvas- New Year Aspirations
- 1/18: Magic Loop Hat
- 1/19: Embroidery Sampler
- 1/19: Carolyn Pajama Pants
- 1/20: Macrame Wall Hanging
- 1/20: Beginner Shashiko
- 1/24: Hand Painted Bead Necklace
- 1/26: Emma Pants
- 1/27: Intro to knitting
- 1/27: Turning a Harry Potter wand
- 1/27: Sewing 103
- 1/27: Sweater Jam
- 1/27: Needle Felted Anatomical Heart
- 1/27: WORKSHOP: PATTERNED ENAMEL OVERLAY NECKLACE
- 1/30: Beginning drawstring bag/purse
The DIY Calendar is a compilation of events hosted by independent instructors and venues. Craftin’ Outlaws provides the list for enjoyment and interested parties should follow the links and send emails to those hosting or teaching the classes.
Have a workshop or class you are teaching and want to include it on the list? Add it to our events calendar here!
Want to sponsor next Month’s DIY calendar or advertise on the Outlaw Blog? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org